Sunday, August 10, 2008

70 years young!

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." (C.S. Lewis)




My Dad turned 70 on the last day of July. Here's a 10-minute video of his surprise party. About 60 people came, including my Auntie Sue and Uncle John from Rice Lake, Wisconsin, and my Uncle Jim from Green Bay. Lots of friends and neighbors. There was a really great Dixieland jazz band playing and lots of food and drink. My dad was really surprised.

Ed and I stayed a few extra days at my parents' on the lake. The weather was gorgeous. Still to come: pictures from State Fair and Wisconsin camping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed, great job! I really enjoyed it. I can hardly wait until Ed sees. it. Thanks.

Your favorite mother-in-law,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Heidi:

Excellent video. But your bio is dated...I thought you were a college professor now.

apm