Friday, August 29, 2008

Wow

"America, we cannot turn back. Not with so much work to be done. Not with so many children to educate, and so many veterans to care for. Not with an economy to fix and cities to rebuild and farms to save. Not with so many families to protect and so many lives to mend. America, we cannot turn back. We cannot walk alone." (Barack Obama's acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention, August 28, 2008)

Wow. What a speech. What an inspiration. I can't wait until this man is the leader of our country. I know I'm going to work to make that happen.

Speaking of politics, my politically named godson, Lincoln, was among those in Springfield for the rally where Obama announced Joe Biden as his running mate. There he is meeting Biden!

And there he is getting kissed by Michelle Obama!

If that wasn't exciting enough, we got some even more exciting news the next morning. Vietnam, here we come!!!!! Believe it or not, we leave in seven days. Sam, we're bringing you home so you can live the American promise Barack talked about. Finally.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Sam is a good canvasser like Clare. He can learn right away one of the great fundamental American values--that anything valuable is worth working hard for. We can create the change we want. Yes we can! Yes we can!
Love, Amy

flanthrower said...

Oh congrats on getting Vietnam finalized! What an exciting time to be bringing a little one home!

Lucy said...

I'm soooo excited for you and your husband, Heidi!!! This is great news!!

jen said...

WOW, I just got goose bumps! I am so thrilled for you!!! I can't wait to hear all about getting your sweet boy:)

Di said...

Oh my goodness!! Not only an inspirational speech for families in the US but your soon to be own family to hope for great things in the future!!

Heidi I am so excited for you!! I hope that the trip and the meeting are the most amazing experience of your lives!!

Nicki said...

Eeek - those are SUPER cool pictures! Jealous!!!!!!! My kids got to do an appearance with edwards in 2004 but somehow that doesn't seem all that impressive anymore! LOL

And a HUGE CONGRATS on your awesome travel news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be following along!

Renee said...

That is FANTASTIC news, Heidi! I can't wait to see photos of Sam and to hear about your travels via SK. You'll be in my prayers for safe travels!

Renee

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Heidi! I've been checking your blog everyday waiting for the news, I can only imagine how long this summer must have been for the two of you. I will be sending prayers and good thoughts your way and Sam's way for a smooth transition and safe travel.