Sunday, September 28, 2008

All baby, all the time

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." (Angela Schwindt)

I got to do something very exciting today: I dressed my child with a sweater that I hand knit. I have knit so many baby gifts over the past four years for other people, and finally it's Sam's turn to wear something made with love by me! I can't remember if I posted this when I finished it or not. It's the chunky cardigan from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies, made out of Cotton-Ease in "Maize." I knit it this summer and it fits him perfectly, so hopefully he can wear it this fall.

He fell asleep in the car on the way home from church so I just put him down with it on. We went to St. Gert's for the baptism of some friends at the parish, Jim and Katie and their little boy Neil (who was not happy when that oil was put on his head!). I didn't take any pictures of them (oops) but took one of this Nigerian family who was also having their baby baptized. Aren't those headdresses cool?

It's pretty much all baby, all the time around here. It's been a week and already Sam may be over the jet lag. He's sleeping at night, anyway. (Knock on wood.) He's napping a lot today, which is new. He's had some stress from all the change and we've had to re-evaluate how many new people he should meet in this first weeks. I've been blogging about that at our adoption blog.

Meanwhile, our neighbors watered our plants while we were gone and our little tomato plant is bearing fruit. There are seven cherry tomatoes on there right now, and Andy reports he ate a few while we were gone, too. I can't wait to have a real garden, but this is a moderate success for a deck garden. In addition, our many basil plants are doing well (indoors). I should make and freeze some pesto soon. When I'm not holding or playing with the baby!

2 comments:

catieann said...

Hi Heidi
It is so fun to read about you and sam together. The sweater is so cute on him. I smile everytime I arrive at your blog! Hurray for you!
catie

Heidijayhawk said...

oh heidi! i am so overjoyed for you! my heart just wants to burst! congratulations just doesn't seem to be enough!