Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Samuel Dieu

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." (John W. Whitehead, The Stealing of America)


Introducing Samuel Dieu Schlumpf Butler. We are home from our two-week trip to Vietnam to adopt our son. It was an amazing trip, and now we're all trying to get over our jet-lag and help Sam get used to his new surroundings. It's all quite disruptive and scary for him, as you might imagine.

I'm sorry I forgot to remind Spiritual Knitter readers to follow our adoption blog while we were gone. But you can go here and start reading from Sept. 5 to catch up. Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers. We are a family now!

11 comments:

Beth said...

He's really adorable! I'm so happy for you - congratulations!

Di said...

Congratulations! He really is the cutest baby!!

tocspaw said...

Welcome home with your beautiful little boy!!

flanthrower said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! I can't wait to hear more about Sam and your new family.

Lucy said...

Ohhhhhh myyyyy Heidi!! I am soooo happy for you and your family, your baby boy is just beautiful and I'm sure you are radiating from ear to ear with the blessing of a child.

Congrats!!

Rebecca said...

Welcome back! Sam is adorable! I can't wait to see all the fun crafty things you make for him. :)

I'm so happy for you guys!!!

catieann said...

Oh Heidi
What a beautiful statement! "We are a family." I am just so happy for you. I am thinking of all the great times ahead for all of you--the highs and lows of parenting and family life. It is a blessing like no other.
Much love and hugs to the three of
you.
catie

Dawn said...

He is beautiful.
Congratulations!

Heidi of Everyday Cookies said...

What a precious child! God bless his new family! Congrats & hugs!
*Heidi*

Victoria said...

WOW! I havn't visited your blog since you went and collected Sam. How gorgeous he is. Many many (late) cogratulations to you and your man! Tears came to my eyes when I read about all of this. So wonderful.

Nathan said...

oh! a huge congratulations to you, your husband and Sam...what a beatiful thing!

carol
from Kidding Around (nathan is my husband!)