Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Falling leaves

"If I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." (George Eliot)

Remember these from last year? This garland of fall leaves was made out of recycled felt with embroidered veins. If you'd like to make your own, I put together a kit with the felt, yarn and pattern (a Martha Stewart one no longer online) that's available in my etsy shop. I don't have tons of time to craft these days, but if you really wanted a already-made garland, I could make one for you. Just email me at spiritualknitter (at) gmail (dot) com.

I'm also making some felt leaf pins (like these but in a variety of shapes and colors) as gifts for my felt orders. Lots of other felty goodness for sale in my shop, too. And, as usual, if you have any special requests, I can probably fill them. My felt collection runneth over!

Speaking of all leaves, how cute is this guy playing in them? More pictures of Sam here.

3 comments:

catieann said...

oh i do remember that garland heidi what a clever idea for a kit. and what a darling little Sam. He looks so cute and HAPPy
catie

Heidi of Everyday Cookies said...

Sam is darling!

A Day That Is Dessert said...

Those leaves are really pretty!