Thursday, February 05, 2009

Stacked Rib Cardigan

"God is in all things and all places. There is no place or thing in this world where he is not truly present. Just as wherever birds fly they always encounter the air, so also wherever we go or wherever we are we find God present." (St. Francis de Sales)

I really like this Stacked Rib Cardigan from the Knitscene Spring 2009 issue. I like the pattern and shaping at the waist and even love the pink that the model is knit in. I've been knitting baby stuff and gifts for other people so much that I've hardly ever knit anything for myself. Maybe I should try this.

Knitscene is a quarterly publication of Interweave Press, which also publishes Interweave Knits magazine. I don't subscribe to any knitting magazines: not enough room to store them (and I could never throw them away!) and not enough time to knit all those cool things I see in them. I do try to peek at my mom's knitting mags when I'm at her house. She gets a bunch of them.

If you don't already know about Knitting Daily from Interweave Press, go sign up here. It's a daily email from editor Sandi Wiseheart and has tons of great tips and lots of free patterns. I have a hard time keeping up with the daily email (and some of the discussions are a little advanced for me) but it's really well written and provides previews of the projects in their magazines and books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pattern. Let's talk about it when I see you TOMORROW! Of course, it's Sam I am just dying to see. Hope he remembers his Gram.

Love, Mom

Rebecca said...

I like it, too! I started a sweater for myself oh . . . 3 years ago that still needs to be finished. :)

I like Knit Scene better than Interweave Knits as I tend to make smaller projects and Interweave has lots of complex patterns I think. I just signed up for knitting daily! Thanks :)