Sunday, March 08, 2009

Special day

"Fond as we are of our loved ones, there comes at times during their absence an unexplained peace." (Anne Shaw)

Today is a special day. It is my husband's 41st birthday. And it is six months exactly since we met Sam. And it is the day after the first night Ed and I spent away from him.

My sister and her husband watched Sam last week while I was teaching one night, and it went so well that I decided to try to surprise Ed with a night away while Sam stayed with them. We went to Starved Rock and stayed in this individual cabin, which was very sparse but comfortable. Mostly we slept, and we had a nice dinner. It was so weird to be away from him (Conversation at dinner: "I wonder what Sam's doing now.") but it was really nice to have a short baby break. It also was a short work break, since I finished my grades Friday before we left. While relaxing in our cabin ("The Marquette") I did a crossword puzzle and even read a whole novel (T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton).

My two favorite boys in the world.

2 comments:

Connie W said...

A wonderful photo of your favorite boys! The little cabin getaway sounds like a lovely time.

When I first started blogging two years ago I won a felted sweated bag on your blog. I deleted my blog "Simply Quilted" last summer and lost my blog list. I have another blog going now and I found you once again.

Happy Spring.
Connie W

Di said...

Happy birthday hubby!! I am glad that you managed to get a little break - always a good thing!