Monday, April 06, 2009

Better late than never

"What we seek we do not find - that would be too trim and tidy for so reckless and opulent a thing as life. It is something else we find." (Susan Glaspell)

I finally finished the scarf I "gave" (via gift certificate) to my brother-in-law for his birthday last February. That's February of 2008. "Better late than never" seems to be my motto these days. I used to be so good at deadlines... Of course, that was pre-Sam.

I used Modea Dea Cartwheel yarn in Misty and knit 4 feet of a basketweave pattern over 38 stitches. More details here.

This half-semester I'm teaching a Saturday morning class that starts at 8 a.m. so I've been staying overnight at my sister's house Friday nights so I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get there on time. This past Friday they were gone to Florida so I had the whole house to myself! It was heaven. I even painted my toenails for the first time since we went to Vietnam. Seven months ago. I kid you not.

Back to working on the next deadlines I'm late for--writing ones this time.

No comments: