Friday, August 28, 2009

Garter Stitch Cardigan

"Every person born in this world represents something new, something that never existed before, something original and unique." (Martin Buber)

This is pretty much my only summer project--a sweater and hat for little Cecilia born to our friends William and Maria in July. It's the Garter Stitch Cardigan (Ravelry link) from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies. They had a shower specifically for pink clothes since their first child is a boy. Too bad I don't have a close-up of the buttons, because they were really cute. It's in a bumpy cotton yarn that was a pain in the butt to knit.

But I like this pattern and would like to knit up some yarn I got in Kentucky as a sweater for my own kids (with the button band and sleeve bands in the "Popcorn.")

Now back to packing. I have way too much craft crap. But I will have a craft room in the new house. Moving day is in less than a week.

3 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

good luck packing, I am doing the same thing, only problem is I will probably not have a sewing room any more, sniff!

catieann said...

HI Heidi
I have been away from blogging for 8 months but am now back and trying to catch up with my favorite people. Sam is so adorable and getting soooo big!!
How are things going for your daughter news?
good luck on house selling and buying
catie

vi0linista said...

Heidi, we LOVE this sweater and hat set...It is the best gift ever, especially in this weather and we get compliments ALL THE TIME. My mom says you should make them for sale, but I tell her that would take the enjoyment away from making them. Thank you SO much.