Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer

"The value of a marriage is not that adults produce children, but that children produce adults." (Peter De Vries)


Even though it's August, it still feels like summer around here. In fact, Chicago is finally just getting some real hot summer weather. I finally finished the book I was working on this summer--or most of it anyway. But my fall class starts in three weeks, and I have a lot of prep to do. Oh, and we are probably moving before Labor Day.

Before summer is over, here are a few pix from the past month. Sam and his cousin Elena during a visit in July. Aren't they so sweet? There are more pictures of the kissing cousins here.

I made a strawberry-rhubarb pie from the strawberries Sam and I (and Amy) picked in June. It was yummy!

The Butler boys and their kids at Millennium Park. Both expecting to be daddies again this fall. Boy, will we have our hands full then!

No comments: