Saturday, October 24, 2009

Crayon cars

"What do you plan to do with your one, wild precious life?" (Poet Mary Oliver)

Today was Sam's 2nd birthday, and we celebrated with a party of 65 people (including 26 kids) at our new house. I went with easy food: hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches, deli potato salad and chips. I made the cake (from a box). But I did manage to get creative with a few touches.

I wanted to offer something nice in the goodie bags without going overboard. Then I saw this idea for crayon cars on Craft Apple. I ran out to Target and got the car cupcake pan, bought some dollar-store crayons and started peeling them. I had no idea the party would get so big, and ended up making 24 of them. That's a lot of peeling.

But they turned out so cute! I dropped them in these cute blue robot bags from the Target $1 area, with a Halloween pencil, box of raisins, package of fruit snacks and a handful of Dum Dum pops.

Luckily I have a few left over for Sam.

1 comment:

catieann said...

wow what a milestone
sam already 2! The party sounded so big!! Look at you with the cute crayon cars--I love them
catie