Thursday, October 08, 2009

I'm back

"The important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part; the important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." (Pierre De Coubertin, father of the modern Olympic games)

Well, it's been over a month, and I'm sure any readers I had left have given up on me. But I'm back. The good news is that we've moved into our new house, and we love it. The bad news it that it caused Sam to revert to not sleeping well--not going to sleep, refusing to sleep in the crib, and getting up multiple times during the night. And it lasted more than a month. I was exhausted.


So I haven't had a minute to do anything creative, except unpack boxes and start to put our place together. We' got the first floor in good shape in time for a visit from my in-laws last week, and on the second floor I get to have a craft room. I'll be posting some before, during and after photos of our house soon. And I may even pick up the knitting needles soon.

P.S. Yes, I was bummed about Chicago not winning the Olympic bid. Many Chicagoans opposed it, because they figured it would mean higher taxes. But I was excited about the possibility of a once-in-a-life experience of the world's diversity in our own back yard--for me and for our kids. Plus, it was a little humiliating (or humbling) to come in last. :(

3 comments:

Di said...

Hey! We're still here. I am glad that the move went well and hope that Sam has adjusted.....changes can always be difficult for kids.

With the Olympics in London we fear that all our lottery funding that should be going to other good causes is being lost - we haven't been able to make any applications for funding for almost a year - I wonder where all the money is going.......

roseylittlethings said...

Moving stinks, I am in the thick of it right now too. NOT fun. And two sick kids today. Yay for me!

Heidi said...

Oh boy, as one in the throes of sleepless nights I can sympathize! I hope things get better soon.

As for the Olympics, I lived in SLC when the bid was made, won, and the 2002 Winter Olympics hosted. I was not in favor of us winning the games because I thought it would just bring pollution and too many people. I was skeptical right up until they started, and then I changed my mind completely--the whole thing was SO much fun! Like having a party in your backyard for 2 weeks. I wish I had known I would be out of a job because I could have volunteered. Everything went so well and I'm so glad I got to experience a tiny part of it. So I'm sorry Chicago didn't win! Bummer.