Friday, October 16, 2009

Owls and Moons

"Just to be is a blessing. Just to live is holy." (Abraham Herschel)

I made another felt owl as a birthday gift, this time for my godson Lincoln, who just turned 3. I paired it with the Caldecott Medal-winning Own Moon, a book a friend gave Sam when we first got him. Using my Borders coupons, I can pick up nice children's books for gifts.

I've been into owls lately, and I'm also into a moon motif. In fact, I'm thinking of a second tattoo--a moon. We got Sam during the Moon Festival in Vietnam, and now Sophie's name means moon.

The owl pattern is from Button It Up and calls for triangle buttons as "claws," but I can't find any anywhere. Suggestions anyone? I don't think these hearts work that well. (Lincoln's name is on the back.) I need to make one of these for Sam.

We're getting more and more settled into our house. Every day we try to do a little more unpacking and organizing. Tomorrow I have a very exciting estate sale find to share!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Someplace like Joanns didnt have triangle buttons? (surprised if that is the case.)

You could always email Susan, her blog is West Coast Crafty.