Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Do you "carrot" all?

"Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again and again." (Joseph Campbell)

I guess I spoke too soon about only making one gift this year. I did knit three carrots, using this pattern from Jimmy Beans Wool (They're supposed to be rattles, and there's a eggplant, banana, orange and cucumber, too.) I made them a little bigger so they resemble real carrots, though now I wish I'd made them smaller.

The carrots are the first in what I hope are a bunch of "softie" food for Sam, who got a new-to-him kitchen for Christmas. I was super tempted to get this cute retro pink one, but aside from being pink, it was $239. The above bright-colored one was $25 from my friend Staci, whose boys had outgrown it. The IKEA table was a gift from Sam's godmother Kristin, and the two white chairs I got at a garage sale a few years ago for $1 each. This little set-up is in the corner of our dining room.

He loves pretending he's cooking. It's so cute!

While on the Jimmy Bean's site, I found this cute hat pattern. I've just started the first of a pair of them for one of Ed's friends who had twin boys the day after Christmas.

1 comment:

Di said...

I love the carrots! I made the eggplant once. It's a quick knit....hope you had a great New Year!