Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

"For unto us is born this day a Savior who is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:11)

Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope everyone had a wonderful, safe, and relaxing holiday.

This is Sam playing with the newest "toy" in our house--a beautiful, hand-carved nativity set from the Holy Land. Of course, I saw these when I was there in 1999, but didn't buy one. My parents gave it to us as an early Christmas gift this year. Sam loves it, especially the star, which winds a music box that plays "Silent Night." (I know the Palestinian artisans are really suffering because of the decreased Christmas tourism these past years, so I'm glad my parents supported them by buying this.)

When I ask him what happens on Christmas, Sam has been saying, "Jesus born." But tonight, after a long fun Christmas Day of presents and playing with his cousins, he said, "Santa born." Oh well.

1 comment:

Di said...

Your Nativity Scene is perfect. I love that it plays Silent Night, one of my favourite carols - we got to sing it at the Watchnight Service on the 24th. It made me smile.

I am glad you all had a great Christmas.