Monday, January 18, 2010

Cookie monster

"The curse of poverty has no justification in our age." (Martin Luther King Jr.)*

We interrupt what has temporarily become a decorating blog to bring you some crafting. I finally made some felt food for Sam's kitchen. While at Amy's, Sam helped make chocolate chip cookies (picking out the chocolate chips when eating them), so I thought he would appreciate these. I scoured my button collection for some "chocolate" colored ones for these cookies. Otherwise, they're just simple circles of tan felt, with a little batting and blanket stitched shut. He likes to carry them on this little baking sheet and put them in his play oven. Cute!

Next: an unplanned renovation project--a new toilet, which required three days of installation.

* Especially appropriate quote in light of Haiti.

1 comment:

Di said...

Great quote!
I love the cookies too! I think they are fabulous play food!! Can't wait to hear about the toilet!