Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Knitting Christmas

"I never have any difficulty believing in miracles, since I experienced the miracle of a change in my own heart." (St. Augustine)

I got a few knitting-related Christmas gifts this year--mostly from my mom, of course. First, three skeins of Cascade 220 wool in a nice bright red. She had a specific project in mind:

... a sweater for Sophie! So she gave me this book, which I have yet to completely study and choose a fave pattern. Of course, at the rate I'm knitting these days, she'll have to make it!

Tucked in my stocking was this book from Santa. Although I like the idea of knitting a creche, some of these characters are a little scary looking. And they're pretty complicated too. But maybe...

My friend Karen gave me these two little knitted sweater ornaments, which she bought (she is not a knitter, alas). It's funny, because I had bought some little sweaters a long time ago at a craft fair (I think they were supposed to be for teddy bears) and I finally gave them to my mom, who used them as ornaments. Now I have my own--again. I hung these up in my craft room after Christmas so I can enjoy them all year long.

Cute "snowy day" pictures of Sam over at the adoption blog today.

1 comment:

Di said...

I think a bright red sweater is a perfect choice! Red is a great colour and I think Sophie will look cute in it!