Monday, January 11, 2010

Twin set

"If you want to have a spiritual life you must unify your life. A life is either all spiritual or not spiritual at all. No one can serve two masters." (Thomas Merton)

I finished the second little hat for my friends' twin boys: Jack and Henry. Many thanks to Katie for explaining to me that I need to do the first round of a new color in plain stockinette, instead of the ribbing, to avoid the little "dashes" like I had in the blue one. I was tempted to frog the blue one and reknit it correctly (it is a small hat, after all) but then I fought that perfectionistic thought and let it be.

Here's the scary doll modeling the red one without the little dashes. Yea! You learn something new every day.

Speaking of kiddos, Ed and I were child-free this past weekend. Sam stayed with my sister's family as a trial run for when we go to China to get Sophie. (What a saint: she didn't get much sleep.) As much as I missed Sam, it was great to have a whole 2 days to ourselves. We watched a movie (see below), ate some Thai food, slept a lot and went out to a bar to watch football. And we started a home-improvement project, which I will blog about soon.

Movies to knit by: While knitting these hats, I watched two Netflix movies that we have had for about four months. Both were good, though not exactly uplifting. Frozen River takes place on a Native American reservation and is about two women doing what they have to do to make ends meet for their families. The Wrestler is about an aging professional wrestler (played by Mickey Rourke). Great acting in both, but I liked Frozen River better.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Glad the trick worked for you, those hats are going to look adorable on a pair of baby heads!