Monday, April 19, 2010

Kung Fu Panda

 "There lives more faith in honest doubt, / Believe me, than in half the creeds." (Tennyson)

Speaking of cute softies... This adorable little crocheted panda arrived in the mail for Sophie last week. It's handmade (and probably designed by) my friend Kristi.

It was this "golden pig" for Sam that got Kristi, already an experienced blanket crocheter, into making little softie animals a little over a year ago. And she told me that she usually creates her own designs. This panda is perfect for Sophie! (I made the back picture small, since she thinks her embroidery is not expert enough. I like it just fine.)

 
And there she is--licking the spatula while Sam licked the beaters from a chocolate cake for Auntie Trish, who is visiting tomorrow. I kept her away from the white panda while she was all chocolatey!

3 comments:

Di said...

The panda is so cute and the embroidery looks pretty perfect to me! S are really hard to embroider!

Rebecca said...

He's so cute! I need to learn afghan crochet. I thrifted a hook so I have no excuses.

The kids are adorable. :)

roseylittlethings said...

Yummy! how cute are they! Love that she is looking to see what big brother is doing, soo cute!