Thursday, April 08, 2010

Yarn shopping in China

"Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts little wisdom." (Chinese proverb) 
 
 I always try to look for yarn when I'm in other countries. I remember how hard it was to find any in Ireland, of all places! And I didn't find any in Vietnam. But our guide in Nanchang asked around and found a nice yarn store in the city market area. Outside they were selling yarn in huge cones.
 
This is the outside of the store. 
 
 Cute sweaters hanging outside. 

Woman knitting in the store. 


Look at all those colors. I asked for "cashmere" and they showed me what looked like regular wool, although it was pretty soft. 


That's our guide "Nana" translating for me. 

I didn't have a pattern in mind or with me, so I just bought enough for an "adult sweater" and "child sweater" plus a gift for my mom. Those pictures and details in the next post.



 

No comments: