Sunday, June 20, 2010

Best Daddy Hands Down

"There are some things you learn best in the calm, and some in storm." (Willa Cather)

Happy Father's Day, first of all, to my Dad, who is recovering from surgery so not having the greatest day, but who I hope will feel better when we see him over the 4th. And to my husband, who is such a wonderful Daddy to our two little ones. They are so lucky to get so much time with him, though I know it is sometimes very hard. And to my godfather, who is still living, and my grandfathers, who are not. And to my daughter's godfather (Sam has only godmothers). Finally to all the new fathers, fathers-to-be and waiting adoptive fathers--and of course to our children's biological fathers.


Some recent pix of the kids in the back yard. Sam is getting to be such a big boy, although he likes to say he's a baby. 

And Sophie, who's always pointing at something. She has a few words; can't wait till she has more. She's not as "laid back," ahem, as she was when we first brought her home, but she's still a cutie. 

**Oops. Forgot to mention the hand-made gift. I love anything with kids' handprints. I stole this idea from my sister, who made sweatshirts for godparents and grandparents when her kids were little. Ed got some free time on Sunday for a long bike ride, then we all went to a local street fair to hear some music and to Garcia's for some Mexican food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are both so cute. I can hardly wait to see them again. Love, Mom