Friday, June 04, 2010

Speaking of birthdays...

"It takes a long time to grow young." (Pablo Picasso)

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a great day at a book conference, where I signed copies of my book and met with both of my publishers, plus heard a great speaker and had a nice dinner. Thanks to my husband, who made it possible by watching the kids all day and night.


A week ago we celebrated another important birthday--that of our friends' Karen and Jeff's twins. I have made them handmade gifts before, and this year was no different. I decided to whip up two felty birthday crowns, much like the one I made for Sam last year


Mesfin's was his favorite color (orange) with a brown star decoration, and Mari's was her favorite color (pink) with a cupcake on the front. 


I had two very willing models during my photo shoot! (I have no idea what that is in her mouth!)


Their birthday celebration was at one of my favorite restaurants, Ethiopian Diamond. Yummy food, and lots of fun with other adoptive families and kids running around! Happy 6th birthday, Mari and Mesfin!

No comments: