Monday, August 23, 2010

Ode to summer

"Some things ... arrive on their own mysterious hour, on their own terms and not yours, to be seized or relinquished forever." (Gail Godwin)

 
Is that gorgeous or what? I've been harvesting basil and tomatoes like crazy these past few weeks (and taking lots of pictures but too busy to post them here). I've also been "putting up"--canning, freezing, drying. It's so fun!

On a much sadder note, a 9-year-old boy from our parish (a family from our adoptive families group) drowned in Lake Michigan last weekend while on vacation with his family. If you could, please keep his parents and sister (from China) in your thoughts and prayers. 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

The tomatoes and basil are amazing, but that last part took my breath right our of me. In my prayers...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful--looks like something out of a cookbook. Love, Mom