Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Xie Xie*

"Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others." (St. Augustine)

Some of you may remember this cute "3 Little Pigs" blankie made by my blog friend Diane of Woolie Wanderings, who lives in Scotland but travels all over Europe doing fun things. I live vicariously through her! And congratulations are in order because she just bought a new flat and is busy decorating. 

Well, no sooner were we home with Sophie than she was emailing me wanting to make a matching blankie for her. Sam's pig one referenced his being born in the Year of the Pig, but she had a hard time making a "rat" connection for Sophie. So she went with Little Red Riding Hood. Isn't she adorable?

The blankies are made from recycled felt and have tons of cool detail (including a squeeky toy inside). She does beautiful embroidery (and also is quite the knitter). Arrival of this beautiful gift was delayed by the volcano ash, and I've been very remiss in not posting pictures and thanking Diane publicly. 

She included a little mousy/rat, too. We still haven't finished Sam and Sophie's room, but I have an idea about how I want to display these--and some other handmade gifts the kids have received. Stay tuned...

 *** Xie Xie is "thank you" in Chinese (Mandarin).

2 comments:

Di said...

I am so glad that you like them! I had a lot of fun making them too! Can't wait to see the finished baby room!

C. Dianne Zweig said...

Pardon my interruption, but I am looking for folks that have either "Retro Sewing Blogs" or "Nostalgia Blogs" for an article I am working on . Please send your suggestions to me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com THANKS


Dianne
kitsch n Stuff