Monday, February 14, 2011

Felt convo hearts

"To live in this world, you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes, to let it go, to let it go." (Mary Oliver)

So I'm a little behind again, but committed to keeping this blog a record of my creative endeavors--even if it takes me practically a month to post them. I may not have much time to blog, but I am finding a little time for creativity. It keeps me sane.

 For Valentine's Day I made this conversation heart banner, which I have had in my head for ages. Once again, using only things from my stash: I had a bunch of the smaller letters left over from the Jesse trees of a few years ago, used recycled wool sweater felt in pastels and hung it on some pink yarn.


The hardest part was coming up with traditional "Conversation heart" sayings. I found a bunch of pictures online.


Sam loved this--he's clearly ready to start reading and is always asking what things say. I had to read these hearts to him a dozen times.

Only wish I had made two more while I was at it, because I know my sister and mom would love one of these!

3 comments:

Mary Belle said...

Really cute. You are right, I would like one, but we almost always are enroute to AZ on valentine's day. Love, Momepirwu

Rebecca said...

Adorable! I love that you are still making things out of the felt sweater scraps. :)

Anonymous said...

Haven't looked at the sk blog in awhile. Yes, I would love one of these!!!!--Amy